Legendary Musician, Stevie Wonder, has announced that he will never again perform in a State which has “Stand Your Ground Laws”.
“I decided today that until the ‘Stand Your Ground’ law is abolished in Florida, I will never perform there again. (APPLAUSE) As a matter of fact, wherever I find that law exists, I will not perform in that state or in that part of the world. The truth is that — for those of you who’ve lost in the battle for justice, wherever that fits in any part of the world — we can’t bring them back. What we can do is we can let our voices be heard. And we can vote in our various countries throughout the world for change and equality for everybody. That’s what I know we can do.”– Stevie Wonder.
Now, I have said that I believe Mr. Zimmerman is culpable for the what happened the night Trayvon Martin died.
HOWEVER, this is ridiculous.
If Mr. Wonder wants to boycott laws that seem to have an unjust impact on Black Americans, he should instead boycott the following:
- All NON Right to Work States, which have higher percentage of Black Americans on welfare. Forced unionism has historically been harsh on Black Americans
- All States with Prevailing Wages, which means there fewer Black Americans working in Construction jobs. The Davis Bacon Act/Prevailing Wages were intended to discriminate against Black workers
- All States with Project Labor Agreements, which means these states openly discriminate against businesses owned by minorities and women in Construction industries
- All States which put limitations on school choice, which means that Black children in particular are denied access to a pathway towards American exceptionalism. Opposition to school choice violates the Brown v. Board of Education Act which guaranteed equal access to quality education for Black children
- All States which pass same sex marriage, since most Black Americans oppose same sex marriage.
- All States with “Sanctuary Cities” and that embrace hiring illegal aliens, since Black workers pay the heaviest price when illegals are hired by businesses in urban cities
- All States with the most strict gun laws, since States with the toughest gun laws have the highest percentage of Black on Black murder rates and gun crimes; and finally
- Mr. Wonder should leave the United States because the U.S. has Federal Minimum Wages laws which have always helped to increase unemployment, in particular, among Black teens in urban cities.
Since Mr. Wonder has stated that he no longer wishes to seek profit from any State which has ‘Stand Your Ground Laws”, he should keep his word and ask every store in each of these states to cease marketing and selling his music. After all, he is sincere in his concern about Black Americans, right?
Mr. Brion Gabriel. referencing the mass murder of unborn Black children by Planned Parenthood in the U.S., offered the most compelling observation:
“If Stevie is that committed to boycotting governments that with laws that hurt black people then I guess he wont perform or sell records in any state in the US where abortion is legal! At last count, that would be 50… just saying!”
Someone pass along my free consultation to Mr. Wonder, that he may get his priorities together!
Most of all, that he may see where he is currently voluntarily blind.
Watch Mr. Wonder’s reaction here: